For more information on performing artists, visit: stanfest.com/artists.
About Stan Rogers Folk Festival
Get ready for a foot stompin’, sing alongin’, all around awesome weekend of music! Stan Rogers Folk Festival is an international festival of songwriters. See 30+ artists/bands performing on 3 stages over 3 days. Add in camping, crafts, great food and non-stop “jamming” for a memorable weekend!
Now in its 25th year, the award-winning Stan Rogers Folk Festival, known as Stanfest, is one of Nova Scotia’s signature summer festivals. This gathering of songwriters was named in honour of the great Canadian songwriter, the late Stan Rogers. Imagine all that was great about Woodstock – the peaceful vibe, the incredible quality and quantity of music, the camping, the camaraderie – and transpose it on a tiny, remote fishing community and you have a memorable Nova Scotia experience like no other!
Hosted in Canso, the festival attracts international stars and showcases them alongside the finest East Coast and local artists. Past headliners include Johnny Reid, George Canyon, Gordie Sampson, Town Heroes, Slowcoaster, Reeny Smith, Joel Plaskett, Matt Andersen, Jim Cuddy, Serena Ryder, Dave and Judd Gunning, and JP Cormier.
Each day, over 3,000 people gather for the main performances and the vibrant jam-scene throughout the festival’s campgrounds.
Want to join the camping party, but don’t have the gear? No problem! A for Adventureland offers an exclusive onsite group camping experience with fully-equipped tent packages – all you need to bring is your sleeping bag and pillow. Add in hosted group jams, meals, parties, and off-site adventures and it doesn’t get any easier!
See you at the show!
2023 Dates: July 20 – 23
Admission: Daily, weekend, and evening tickets available. Children 12 & under are free!
For more information and to book, visit: https://www.stanfest.com or call 1-888-554-7826, or email .
Good to Know:
- Located in Canso, only 3.5 hours from Halifax and 1.5 hours from Antigonish
- Canso is a one-stop location for all required visitor services and supplies, including fuel, groceries, alcohol, septic, convenience items, electric vehicle charging station at the local library, café, museum, walking trails, boat rides, etc.
- The festival grounds are well-serviced by local food and beverage vendors, including:
- Big Spruce Brewing: Serving up organic, unfiltered, unpasteurized, unbelievably good beer and seltzers. Be sure to try their Stanfest Session Ale (pairs perfectly with sing alongs)
- Back East Seafood: Your seafood hot spot all weekend long! Serving fish n’ chips, lobster rolls, clams & fries, PLUS burgers, poutine, onion rings, breakfast sandwiches, and pancakes
- Little Asia: Serving simple and healthy Asian dishes, including pad thai, egg rolls, and wontons
- The Saucy Sandwich: Serving hot and cold drinks, like coffee, iced tea, frappes (like double fudge brownie and strawberries & cream), or feel like a kid again with a slushie! Also serving nachos in ANY style (buffalo chicken, chicken fajita, veggie & more)
- Many craft artisans showcase their work in our Handmade Village, including:
- Lily Pond Designs – Jewelry, crafts, woodwork and artwork
- Hunter Street Silver – Exquisite jewelry made from silver utensils
- Cardinal Stained Glass – Suncatchers, lamps and nightlights
- Gary Levy Woodwork – Quality craftsmanship in custom wood products, such as clocks, birdhouses, and cutting boards
- Wing ‘n Things – Bird houses, bat houses and yard art
- Feel the Groove T-Shirts – Tie dye t-shirts with patterns and colors for everyone
Daily, weekend, and evening tickets available. Children 12 & under are free! For more information and to book, visit: https://www.stanfest.com/tickets/ or call 1-888-554-7826, or email .
For more information, visit: stanfest.com.
Follow #stanfest2023 socially:
Wendy Phillips, Phillips Public Relations
(902) 492-0960 /