Finding a place to stay in Canso and Area on festival weekend is an adventure in itself. Basically the community’s population more than quadruples for the duration of the festival. With thirteen motel units and a campground, there’s an obvious shortage of “cushy” spots — but that’s part of the charm. The festival organizers and local citizens/entrepreneurs operate up to 1,000 temporary campsites.
Hours of Operation
All campgrounds are open at 12 noon Thursday and close 12 noon on Monday. Early bird arrivals will be accommodated on Thursday, by request only, prior to arrival. There is an additional charge of $ 17.25 for Thursday night. Arrangements can be made by calling our toll-free number 1-888-554-7826. Thursday evening MUST be paid for before arriving on-site.
There are numerous camping options available. Speaking to our staff will help you to chose the best option for you. Some are lively, some are quiet, some just for family etc.
Campground Cancellation Policy
Full refund before June 1st.
NO REFUNDS after June 1st.
All campgrounds provide potable water, outdoor privies and security personnel.
Showers are available on site.
Shuttle service is available for campers needing assistance transporting camping gear from the parking area to the campsite.
There will be a shuttle bus operating during the festival weekend providing transportation to festival goers. Rates and schedule will be posted in the program book.
Rules And Regulations
(These apply to Acoustic Campground only. Do not apply to all camping areas)
- Weekend passholders only permitted camping at Acoustic Campsite.
- Primary person must be 19 years of age or older and must be responsible for all other registered persons at their campsite.
- Only one tent permitted per site, with four adults or two adults and children.
- Sorry, no pets allowed on the campground. Please note that pets are not permitted on the festival concert site.
- Parking will be provided in designated areas only.
- Please deposit any litter and recyclables in their appropriate containers which will be provided throughout the camping area.
- Motorcycles, bicycles or all-terrain vehicles are not to be driven on the camping area.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Campfires and charcoal barbeques are not permitted in the camping area, however propane barbeques will be allowed.
- Weekend Pass holders only permitted camping on this site. This includes only registered campers. Festival wrist bands & camping wristbands are your proof of your participation in the Stan Rogers Folk Festival. Please be sure to wear them at all times.
- Please note that stretched or broken wrist bands will not be honoured.
- The use of generators will not be permitted between the hours of 10 pm and 7 am except for medical reasons.
- The festival committee or campground operators will not be responsible for lost or stolen items. Please take care to safeguard your valuables.
This is a temporary campground. No electricity is provided. Potable water will be available. Note also that potable water is intended for cooking and cleaning purposes and campers should plan to bring or purchase drinking water.
The festival committee and/or the campground operators have the right to evict, without prior notice, anyone who creates a disturbance or nuisance or deliberately breaks any of the above rules. No refunds will be made in the event of such an eviction.
Acoustic Campground (Weekend Pass holders Only)
Operator: Stan Rogers Folk Festival
Tent and RV sites are available. Areas 2, 4 and 7 are for RV’s only. The remaining areas are for tenting. Please have several choices in mind when you call to book.
Please click on the following links to view each area of the Acoustic Campground.
Please call Wanda, toll-free, to reserve your sites and tickets at 1-888-554-7826!
Ocean View Campground
Operator: Donnie Millen
Located at the Cape Canso Marina in Canso, it is a spacious campground with a gravel base. The marina is privately owned and operated and accommodates 57 trailer sites.
To make bookings contact Terri Crane at (902) 366-3476.
Operator: Anne Marie Rhynold
Located in Fox Island, just a few kilometers outside of Canso, this well equipped campground has a variety of trailer and tent sites, both serviced and un-serviced as well as four housekeeping cottages. Range of services available including washrooms, showers, fire pits, store, ice and firewood.
To book a site, call (902) 366-2352.
Last Port Motel
Breakfast & Showers
To make bookings, please contact (902) 366-2400
Shore To Sea Cottage
Fully equipped cottages about 20 minutes from the Festival site.
Please call Karen Murphy to make a reservation (902) 358-2836